Help needed in Wisconsin

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Twice in less than a week!

Another former customer of mine has run into a problem. Their machine had a Red Lion Kadet HMI that went belly-up and had to be replaced with a current model. The machine had been working since 2009 prior to the replacement. The original Kadet was programmed using Crimson version 2.0. The new model required Crimson 3.0. Upon doing the conversion some of the functionality generated errors which had to be dealt with. Bottom line is that the machine doesn't work the way it did before the conversion.
They need someone in Wisconsin familiar with AB MicroLogix 1500, AB Ultra3000 servo and Red Lion HMI. In addition to being the HMI for the machine the Red Lion acts as a communications bridge between the PLC and the Ultra servo.
The machine is a gear cutter. The servo controls the feed of the cutter into the workpiece. Two Power Flex VFDs control the cutter stroke and the rotation of the workpiece. I have full details of the controls.
Send me a PM and I'll give you contact information for me. We can talk about the system in detail and if you're still interested I'll put you in touch with the user.

Checked my contact list... I have one about 2 hrs away, but he is a active member so I think he would of replied if he had time, I will PM you just incase

Im surprised how many people I get looking for simple help