Studio 5000 Watch Timer Access in Code

Sham

Hi all,

Anyone of you knows if it is possible to access the watchdog timer directly in my code somehow? I have formed the logic of replicating the function of watchdog timer, but curious to know if it can just be done directly? I am using Control Logix.

Thanks

Sham said:
Hi all,

Anyone of you knows if it is possible to access the watchdog timer directly in my code somehow? I have formed the logic of replicating the function of watchdog timer, but curious to know if it can just be done directly? I am using Control Logix.

Thanks

Hi,

I assume by "the watchdog timer" you mean for a Task within the project? If so, then you may access a Task WatchDog attribute using a Get System Value (GSV) instruction.

If you reference page 188 in the following document...

Logix 5000 Controllers General Instructions Reference Manual

...you will find an example of doing just that (Example 3: Getting Task Status Information...third GSV instruction).

Regards,
George