Mitsubishi FR-V500 (3.7Kw) Commissioning

jets

Hi,

I am commissioning a Mitsubishi FR-V500 (3.7Kw) drive. I am able to get the drive to tune and spin up if I set parameter (Pr) 800 = 20 (V/F control). If I set Pr 800 = 2 (vector control with encoder, torque control) the drive will not operate.
We are using an Omron Encoder E6B2-CWZ5B, open collector PNP output. I have set the jumpers on the control logic board to; source, 24VDC, complimentary. I have set Pr 52 = 35, display feedback pulses. Before I connected the encoder I had the error E.ECT (no encoder signal) when I connect the encoder the fault disappears. When I measure input of the encoder I do see it switch from 24VDC to .85 VDC. The encoder is 2000 P/R, I have set the number of pulses as both 2000 and 4000 in the inverter. No matter what I do I do not see the pulse displayed when trying to view them on the keypad/display FR-DU04-1. Maybe I don't have the keypad in the proper display mode or I am misunderstanding how to view the pulses on the display?

Anyone have one of these or even the newer series can check this or have info on how to view pulses?

TIA, Jets

Yes I did make the changes to 24 VDC source and and changed the encoder type to complimentary.

My problem was I misread the wiring diagram . I had the PAR,PBR and PZR common on the VFD (wrong side LOL). Anyway it's working now.

Now I have to solve a communication problem Mits is RS485-4 and the rest of the system is RS485-2. I am going to start a new thread on this.