Alternate Instructions for DP Send & Receive

shashi616

Hello All,

Currently I am migrating S7 300 to S7 1500 & I am unable to use DP send & receive data from Master PLC.
Which instruction is equivalent to DP send & Receive.
Thanks in advance.

You dont need to use DP_SEND or DP_RECV. In S7-1500 the DP I/O is part of the I/O image table, even if the DP Master system is connected via a CM1542-5.

If you have to read or write more than 4 bytes consistently from/to a particular slave, then you may have to use DPRD_DAT/DPWR_DAT.
And then you must specify the HW_IO, which is defined by the system when you add the slave to the HW configuration. You find it under the System Constants.

You dont need to use DP_SEND or DP_RECV. In S7-1500 the DP I/O is part of the I/O image table, even if the DP Master system is connected via a CM1542-5.

If you have to read or write more than 4 bytes consistently from/to a particular slave, then you may have to use DPRD_DAT/DPWR_DAT.
And then you must specify the HW_IO, which is defined by the system when you add the slave to the HW configuration. You find it under the System Constants.
Thanks for your response Jesper.

I am a newbie to Tia.
What do you mean by " In S7-1500 the DP I/O is part of the I/O image table" can u explain a little more.

I need to log data from Profibus to a DB , & i am unable to find instruction to do that.
DPRD_DAT/DPWR_DAT doesn't assist in sourcing of data from Profibus to a DB.