100HP motor control options

I assume that the fan has a start-up throttle element ?
If so, any softstarter rated for the 100 hp will do.

Apart from that, even if the customer hasnt specced a VFD, you might suggest it if the dust collector is to run at less than 100% capacity.
And a tip: If you go for the VFD, you can omit the start-up throttle, and thereby reduce the extra expense for the VFD somewhat.

Similar Topics

Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
Here's what happened, Operator turned on the disconnect for an auger while it was still running to cut power. Auger DID in fact turn off, but the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, In my facility we have multiple 3HP 460V motors that are being controlled by VFDs which drive conveyor belts. The drives are randomly...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, This is my first time posting, so please forgive any omissions or mistakes. I am attempting to control the velocity of a stepper...
Replies
Views
Kindly, has anyone tried to control Lenze servomotors with Siemens S120 drives ? Any special hints ? Have some concerns for the resolver and servo...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom