Connection reset by peer

Jake5119

Hi all,
This is my first time posting on here, I haven’t been able to find a solution to my communication problem with our system. We have an 3 l33er controllers and one micrologix 1400 controller, as well as 2 panelview plus 7 hmi displays. The problem I am having is I am getting the message connection reset by peer and then re established by peer right after. Is is happening on our main hmi display and the connection that was reset was to the micrologix controller. This is the only controller it does this to. I am also reading information from this micro to our main scada compactlogix. Most communication is done from the main PLC while the panelview plus 7 performance is reading some tag values from the micrologix as well. Any ideas to try would be great. I have encountered this issue before and could not find a solution.

Jake5119, Welcome to the forum.

The answer you seek is most likely described in the following RA Techconnect knowledgebase... if you have access.
1029564 - Connection Reset by Peer Warning with MicroLogix 1400 Firmware 16.0 Controllers

Basically this effects ML1400 fw 16.0 and higher and as of 2/21/2020 RA does NOT have a solution. The only work around is downgrade your ML1400 to a pre-v16.0 fw or in FTVS ME Studio open the "Diagnostics List Setup" and uncheck "Warning Occurs" from the "Opens display automatically when:"

If you use the later workaround I would suggest that you create a "Goto Display" button to open the Diagnostics display list when you need to view it.

Thanks a bunch, I had no luck talking with people from Rockwell about the issue. As for the work around you had the same solution i came up with, just hiding the messages and adding a go to display. It works well since it still reads just fine.