HMI counters reset following comm error.

ziyaddin2015

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, All production number reset following the comm error. I've looked through logic and disabled autamatic reset future. The counters should only reset if operatore manually resets it via HMI but still resetting in the middle of a production. The machine stops for comm then counters reset when we press machine reset. We have similar lines and we dont see such issues with those lines. I have attached some pics above.

Thanks.
PLC Eaton ELC-PB14NNDR

20200221_172330.jpg

It is a little bit hard to understand what is happening but in that controller, only certain registers will retain their value when the controller is reset.

For number registers that you want to retain their values, registers from the range D408 to D599 should be used. If you have counters that are not in that range, they will be reset when the controller is power cycled or is reset.