Control logix messaging

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
i have messaged 100's of times between processors and had no issues.
I was recently tasked with a project that requires a L32E that does not have ETHERNET/IP modules. I thought because I could see the processor on the network that the messaging would be what I am accustom to. This is a READ of a micrologix N85:20-23 to a 2 DINT message location P2P_FR_CIP

The issue is the message configuration communication path. Im used to:
ENT_1, 2, 10.40.1.147

This script will not work and I cant figure out what the correct script is. I feel hella stupid not knowing this, sorry. I have included picts of mess config of what im used to and the problem one. Any help would be appriciated.

LOCALenb.PNG ENT.PNG

why do I get no replies, should I include naked photos? This site used to be amazing???

I am sure that you are not getting responses because (at least for me) you did not clearly stated your question.

Base on my guess you are asking how change path used in controllogix to compactlogix.
if so then it will be "2, 10.40.1.147" or whatever address your destination is.

If you just hit 'Browse', can't you select the PLC from the tree? That usually sets the path for me.

So maybe the lack of response is because your information is very unclear. From your description it looks like you are trying to communicate to a MicroLogix ("this is a READ of a Micrologix N85:20-23 to a 2 DINT message location...") but your images show a connection between a CompactLogix and a ControlLogix. Two very different things.
So maybe some clarification, what exactly is it you are trying to do?

dcam said:
...should I include naked photos?...

I'm still waiting for the naked photos?...

p.s. one thing that is still amazing on this Forum is the Search function, you should try it?..."CompactLogix Ethernet path"...no?

...oh, and your thread title refers to an incorrect controller platform...

Last edited:
...oh, and your thread title refers to an incorrect controller platform...

That was my first thought but if you look at the second photo it's a 1756 with the IP address that is used in the path. Leads me to think that you shouldn't post while drinking :D