Problems converting S5 STL

zonttux

Hello, I am working on a project to convert a program from Siemens S5 to Twincat. I have little trouble understanding how the parenthesis work with STL. I have two examples and would appreciate help on cenverting them to FBD, ST or LD.

1233.png

A(
o(
o(
a f11
a f12
)
o f13
o f14
s f10
a f15
r f10
a f10
)
a f16
an f17
)
a f18
a f19

o(
a f1
a f2
)
a(
o(
a f3
s f4
a f5
r f4
a f4
)
a f6
a f7
)
s f8
a f9
r f8

The code looks almost like a riddle.
Lots of brackets and lots of SR blocks in the middle of the code.
This is an example of way too complex STL code for logic.

I think it is originally FBD code, due to the use of SR blocks in the middle of the network.
This my attempt to reproduce it in FBD and LAD.
When I switch to STL, the STL code looks not at all like the original.

FBD_challenge.png LAD_challenge.png

What I have done in the past... long time ago

Download S5 for Windows by IBH and run the demo, make a S5 project and in OB1 write it out and swap between LAD and STL

https://www.ibhsoftec.com/DL-S57W-Eng

Once you make a project click on new block and use the S5 format

Good tip, but the second I add some brackets it can't make the conversion to LAD. I believe I can't simulate with this program?

The code looks almost like a riddle.
Lots of brackets and lots of SR blocks in the middle of the code.
This is an example of way too complex STL code for logic.

I think it is originally FBD code, due to the use of SR blocks in the middle of the network.
This my attempt to reproduce it in FBD and LAD.
When I switch to STL, the STL code looks not at all like the original.

Yes it's possible it's originally in FBD, since most of the code is and there are some segments here and there in STL.

Way too complicated indeed really hard trying to understand how it's supposed to write out..

Segment 13:
O(
A F 16.1
L KT 350.1
SD T 12
NOP 0
NOP 0
NOP 0
A T 12
)
O(
A(
A F 17.2
S F 16.2
A T 14
R F 16.2
A F 16.2
)
A F 16.1
L KT 150.1
SD T 15
NOP 0
NOP 0
NOP 0
A T 15
)
S F 16.3
A T 14
R F 16.3
NOP 0

Yes thank you! I think I'm getting a hang of it since I got the exact same result. Simple math at the end but it just takes a bit time.

12345.png