HMI Software for PanelView1000

l_pavan25

Good Morning All,

I am new to Rockwell Automation products.Hope some one can advise me to purchase a right HMI software product.

I was asked to provide quotation to update software on the existing system which was developed sometime in 2003 using Control Logix PLC and Panelview1000 HMI. Hardware will not be changed.

PLC software used at the time of development was RSLogix5000. and HMI software was PanelBuilder 32 or RSView (Not sure until the site visit or receive a software copy).

My questions are,

1. What are the engineering software i should purchase to work on the above Control Logix PLC and PanelView 1000 HMI?

2. Are Studio 5000 proffessional and FactoryTalk View Machine edition enough to work with the above existing software ? It looks like Panel Builder 32 and Rsview softwares are no longer available.!

Please advise me to purchase right development software products to work with the old existing hardware.

Thank you,

Pavan

I think PB 32 was a free product, but not sure if you will get a copy.

As for your PLC, you will need to check the version of RSLogix5000, as 2003 may be version 16 or earlier, if earlier it may only run on windows XP...
Check the model of the PLC - like a ControlLogix 5555, will not run on later versions of Logix5000, nor can the firmware be upgraded.

Thank You John.

I see that PanelBuilder32 is obsolete and probably not get it from the suppliers. I should look for a copy in internet download.

Can you advise me What is the alternate HMI and software (From Rockwell Automation), i can propose which will run with latest version. So that i can add them in my quotation.

Regards,
Pavan

If you have a Studio5000 licence, you can revert back to previous versions. You will need to use your license number and product key to get a download from the Rockwell website

If you are not changing HMI hardware, then you need PB32.
If you use FT View Studio Machine Edition then you will need a new HMI, of which there are many options, but in theory it will do a conversion of a PB32 project (if you have a backup)
But how is the PV1000 communicating with the PLC? Hopefully on Ethernet....

Then again, what is the remit of your intended quote? "update software" is a bit vague, as why would you need to, if the hardware is OK? If you need to update the processor and HMI, then you would need to quote for the Hardware too (L71 processor for example, and a PV Plus (whatever version is the latest..)

Your local branch of Routeco should be able to assist also...

You can still buy Panelbuilder32 (at least here you can) if you call your distributor with the part number. The latest version will run on Windows 7 Pro. The part number to ask for is 2711-ND3

Thank alot guys for clarifying my doubts. I will contact local distributor Routeco for software and check for the above product availability.

PV1000 is communicating with PLC on ethernet.

@John - we are not changing the Hardware because there is requirement only for software logic change in existing system and this cost will be added extra as software day rate along with different system,which we are supplying now. So,purchasing Rockwell software tools now are internal investment and probably use in the later projects. It will be learning experience for me to work on Rockwell automation tools.Because i only worked with Siemens so far.