Can't get PIDE to use Controller Scoped tags in version 30

lunenburger

Has anyone had an issue adding a PIDE instruction to a Function Block sheet in Studio Version 30?
I have created a controller scoped PID_ENHANCED tag and then added a PIDE to my function block page, usually in earlier versions of Studio I could copy the controller scoped tag into the tag tab of the PIDE instruction and it would use the controller scoped tags.

Now in version 30 when i copy the controller scoped tag in, it automatically creates a new program scoped tag.
This is difficult to access with Factorytalk view.....

It automatically creates a new local tag for it but you can swap it out for a global scoped tag by using the drop down at the block tag name.

Also to access program scoped tags from FTV
use the {::[topic]Program:programName.Tag} syntax

I didn't realize how easy it was to access the program tags from Factorytalk.
I checked with tech support and they said it was best to keep the program tags when using PID instructions in function blocks and not use controller tags...