Horn and light timer Controllogix

Leukic

I have 2 transfer cars that need a horn and light installed for when they are moving. With teh Slc5/03 processors I usually put the light and horn ladder rungs at the end of the ladder.. does it matter in controllogix? Here is a pic of what I have made. This ladder only has 11 rungs total

14bky2d.png

Unlike SLC, where all outputs update at the end of program scan, Logix outputs update as they are scanned in the ladder. Since it's in a continuous task, that should have no effect on your logic, provided you only have the one OTE coil for that output.

Also be aware that your timer presets are in milliseconds in Controllogix, so your delays are 50ms. I find it a bit unusual that you are using retentive timers (RTO rather than TON). With such short presets, it might not even be noticeable in practice, but the way I read your logic, you will be toggling the output bit off and on every 50 milliseconds. If the timebase in the old logic was 0.01, then you will want to use a preset of 10 times what it was to get the logical equivalent.

Okiepc. I will have to look when I get back to work in the Am what the present is. But basically the RTO was just a copy of the program from the slc5/03. The horn it's just a loud beep on and off letting everyone know the transfer is moving

The way it is written, the RTO will work fine, but I suspect that the delays were 1/2 second (timebase =0.01, preset=50)

With the RTO as opposed to the TON, if it is possible to bump the transfer for less than 1/2 second, stop it, then move it again, as soon as the command has been true for 1/2 second, the horn will start sounding. That could be a reason the programmer used RTO.

With a TON, you could bump the thing 0.4 seconds at a time and never trigger the horn. I am speculating on both the timebase and preset as well as whether it is even possible to do what I described...

Yes .01 and 50 preset. Its manually ran so the guys do bump it fwd and Reverse to lock it into certain lanes to grab the cars of brick. So yes again you are correct

The way it is written, the RTO will work fine, but I suspect that the delays were 1/2 second (timebase =0.01, preset=50)

With the RTO as opposed to the TON, if it is possible to bump the transfer for less than 1/2 second, stop it, then move it again, as soon as the command has been true for 1/2 second, the horn will start sounding. That could be a reason the programmer used RTO.

With a TON, you could bump the thing 0.4 seconds at a time and never trigger the horn. I am speculating on both the timebase and preset as well as whether it is even possible to do what I described...

We have another transfer that runs full AUTO its uses a TON for its light and horn. As you stated its probably because the guys know if they hear it beeping for 10mins straight something is wrong compared to a min or 2 to complete the cycle.