CLX Ver 16 and DH+ Panel View

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I have set up a panel view 550 over DH+ to a control logix plc before and had no problems. Today I tried to connect a panel view 600 to a control logix ver 16 and failed to get it to work.I am able to message to a SLC 5/04 over DH+ and then onto the panel view from the slc.This is ok in the short term but I will have to change it next week as the slc is been removed.The DH+ network has onlt the CLX, SLC and two panel views and thats it. I removed one of the panel views as a test but it was the same.I removed the slc and Ran a new DH+ cable to one of the panel views.I then tried this to the other panel view and still would not work.I then had the CLX and the SLC and this worked.This is why I set up a message block to the slc and then just mapped to tags to the panel view.

So just to sum up what I tried
1:CLX to SLC over DH+ No prob.
2:SLC to both Panel views No Prob
3:CLX to either of the two panel views BIG Problem.
4; ran new cable from CLX to one panel view BIG Problem.
5:Downloaded a screen with one button as a test Big Problem.
6:Set up D tags and Itags in CLX for panel view Big Problem.
7: Set up Map PLC/SLC Messages No prb to SLC big problems.Big
Problem to Panel views or Panel view on its own.

The panel views will not connect to the clx.

Any help guys.
Donnchadh K

Could it be a firmware limitation?

What is(are) the firmware rev(s). of the PanelView 550(s)? The 550 has been around since like 1903, so maybe yours are pre-CLogix era firmware?

Hi All

Thanks for the replys.
I am updating the firmware today.
The card is the DH+/RIO card and it is working as I am able to message to a SLC 5/04
Let ye know how the firmware works out.

Donnchadh K

Hi All

After upgrading the firmware on the panel views I still had the same problem.

So i said enough for today and removed the panel view and headed home.After eating with the family and going over the day I went out to my workshop and set it up to a L61 CLX I have.The funning thing is it worked with the same DHPlus card,same panel view 600 but a different L61 Clx processor.The only difference is the version of firmware on the one at site.Both are ver 16 but the one at home is the latest ver of 16.

Back to site tomorrow with my L61 in my bag.I will try this first and then I will flash the processor on site and hope this sorts this out.

Donnchadh K