Factory Talk View SE Client

kurt.brinker

We have one pc on the network that is always giving me problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and it hasn't helped at all. We are all on the same workgroup and none of the other pc's have problems. Simple file sharing is turned off and IIS is installed on all of them. The problem is that i get a popup saying " The client temporarily cannot connect to the FactoryTalk View SE server in the home area '/' because the server is not available. To connect the client automatically when the server is avainalble, leave this message open. To close the FactorTalk View SE Client window and connect later, click Cancel.

Sometimes if i restart, it will work for a few days and then it won't. Its EXTREMELY sporatic and very annoying. The ONLY difference i know of is this pc is running XP Media center edition and everyone else is running XP Pro. I have searched the AB tech database to no avail. Anybody have a clue?

I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but it's what I would do. Uninstall media center and install XP pro. Save yourself the headache.

Serious IT departments don't screw with fixing annoying Windows bugs when the quicker fix is to image/reinstall. It's a matter of economics with your time.

no i haven't. A restart always fixes his problem so he has just gotten used to it. He leaves the client open all 24/7 and that seems to be his best bet.