PLC'S DC OUPUT and its application for ambient temperature digital display

jebrietszkie

I would just like to know if the DC ouput of PLC can drive or program the desired speed of motor at lower speed but higher torque?

Can you give me some ideas on how do I going to use the PLC to diplay the ambient temperature from a certain design circuit that input the desired temperature?

In addition, I also have a propose project that can display the digital time and date using PLC and my problem is that there are about a maximum of 70 segments that should be lighten up, what is the right design to do this project?

By the way our project is a fabrication of an electromechanical billboard with the digital time ,date, and ambient temperature display

THANK YOU !!!!!!

JEBRIETSZKIE

PLC'S DC OUPUT and its application for ambient temperature digital display AND DIGITAL DATE AND TIME DISPLAY

I would just like to know if the DC ouput of PLC can drive or program the desired speed of motor at lower speed but higher torque?

Can you give me some ideas on how do I going to use the PLC to diplay the ambient temperature from a certain design circuit that input the desired temperature?

In addition, I also have a propose project that can display the digital time and date using PLC and my problem is that there are about a maximum of 70 segments that should be lighten up, what is the right design to do this project?

By the way our project is a fabrication of an electromechanical billboard with the digital time ,date, and ambient temperature display

In addition to above matter, it could also a great help if you could advise me some information regarding the project I have proposed aside from using PLC!

THANK YOU !!!!!!

JEBRIETSZKIE

Last edited:
What is the size of billboard (HxW) and the largest
segment (assuming 7-segment design)?
What is the motor spec (voltage, current...)?
What is the actual type and rating of "DC output"
(transistor? 0.5Amp? 2Amp? max current per common?)?
Why do you need high torque on billboard?
Are the segments really so huge that you need
big actuators? If you intend to drive something
directly with PLC outputs, the output rating must
be higher than that of the load.
To read the temperature using PLC is not big deal
and since most PLCs come with RTC, time reference
is not big deal either...
Multiplexing data to number of outputs is also
simple task (many PLCs come with instructions
to do just that). Modem connection would make whole
thing nice for remote maintenance if youf billboard
is on the roof of some tower or if you want it to
display something random (like NYSE for example).