Wonderware Intouch Server Migration

DWBENTLEY

OK, let me start by saying I’m a PC guy (I won’t bore you with how I got involved in this project) and know very little about automation, control, or PLCs, Ect. I have been tasked with getting a new server up and running in our water plant. The server was spec’d out originally with windows server 2008 which I have downgraded to windows server 2003 standard sp2 to support Wonderware Intouch 8.0 sp1. The new server does not have any pci slots so card from the other server cannot be used in the new server. The card that will be used to communicate with the equipment is the Equuestek DLPCIe card. I was able to get Wonderware intouch installed on the new server. With the help of someone at the plant that “knows a little” we got the database copied from the old machine to the new server and Wonderware viewer comes up as expected but with no communication to the devices. I don’t know which ioserver to install to get things communicating. Which IO/DAserver do I install to talk to the equipment instead of the ioserver AB1784kt that the old server used? Am I even on the right track?

Old Server
Windows Server 2000 SP4
Wonderware intouch 8.0 SP1
Pci card - 1784pktx/b
IO Server – Ab 1784kt
Connecting to - Allen Bradley PLC5

--Migrating to--

New Server
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Wonderware intouch 8.0 SP1
PCIe card – Equustek DLPCIe card (http://www.equustek.com/DLPCIe/DLPCIe-Specs.pdf)
IO/DA Server ???

Thanks in advance...