How to upload project from Panelview 1000+

Since the ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers tend to require you to browse past the Ethernet interface to the CPU, it's a reasonable (but incorrect) assumption that you need to do the same with a PanelView Plus.

While a PV+ has a "virtual backplane" style object, there's no routing or passthrough or anything else that can be done with it. Really, there's no reason for the browse to go past the terminal itself. Yet another bit of residue from the software's troubled past.

You'll use the FactoryTalk View File Transfer Utility, which uses RSLinx Enterprise as its communication driver, to upload or download files from the PanelView Plus terminal.

It would have been best to make this topic its own thread; if you get done with the "how do I upload" and need to discuss how to re-create a project file from a runtime file, please create a new thread.

You can't quite "Go Online" with an HMI application.
If the .mer running on the PV+ is Rev.5.0 or higher you will have to "Restore Runtime Application" using the FactoryView Studio Application Manager tool and then, with the project opened up within FTVS ME (and the Design Tab of the RSEnterprise/Communications Setup pointing to the CPU controller) choose the "Test Application" feature (Running Man); an ActiveX applet will be deployed, literally duplicating the HMI application functionality; be careful when doing stuff with the mouse!- things will happen out there!!!; Type CTRL + X to exit.

I use panelview plus 1000 and i need software for our panelview plus 1000 to upload program from HMI to laptop.
Need your help.

Hi Akram,

You would be best to start a new thread, rather than resurrecting a four year old one.

The uploading of the file can be done using the Rockwell Application Transfer Utility, or there are many tricks you can try using USB sticks and so on. To actually open and edit the program, the software you require is FactoryTalk View Studio ME. Find out who your local Rockwell distributor is, they should be able to help you.

If you have any problems getting it to work, feel free to start a new thread - describe the problem in as much detail as you can and we will try to help out.

hi guys,,I have Allen Bradley panel view plus 1000 HMI ,,i have not software to make upload/download and seriously i have problem with this,
thank guys,,,,