Different type of PLC

Nimish

To be honest I am around this forum for about 1 year. But still I can not catch up with the discussion made here.the reason may be that i am not familiar with the trends in PLCs.I really want to be a active part of this forum.Can u give brief idea about PLCS used today and their application.
Thanks

I'm very much interested to have a PLC training kit for me to use to start with. Could you suggest any type of Allen Bradley that is popular in the industry? I was starting to use AB SLC500, 5/05 simulator that is already conneced directly in the computer. What is closes to this series because I'm planning to buy one for personal training. Thanks.

joeclavers said:
I'm very much interested to have a PLC training kit for me to use to start with. Could you suggest any type of Allen Bradley that is popular in the industry? I was starting to use AB SLC500, 5/05 simulator that is already conneced directly in the computer. What is closes to this series because I'm planning to buy one for personal training. Thanks.

Here's a software simulator:
http://www.thelearningpit.com/lp/logixpro.html

If you want hardware the AB ML1000 ( 10 point model) comes with
free software for that model. Contact your local AB Rep.

Greetings joeclavers ...

I'm very much interested to have a PLC training kit for me to use to start with.

I don’t know whether it’s still available, but click here to take a look at something that might fit your needs ... 16 inputs ... 16 outputs ... 2 analog inputs ... 2 analog outputs ... and a NICE processor ...

you could do a LOT of learning with this little setup ... of course you’ll still need to come up with a copy of RSLogix500 software to program it with - but this would take care of your hardware needs for quite a little while ...

and to the original poster, Nimish ...

But still I can not catch up with the discussion made here.

do you already have any PLC hardware and software to work with? ... if you’re trying to learn this subject by ONLY reading the forum, then you’re really going to have a VERY hard time ... my suggestion would be to get your hands on a PLC system and the software that you’ll need to program it ... I’d try to pick a platform that’s popular with the industries in your area ... then start to experiment and learn about that particular platform ... come to the forum whenever you have specific questions to ask ... we’ll be glad to help ... once you’ve gotten familiar with one particular platform, it will be much easier to move on to the next one ... at that point you can start concentrating on “how is this new system SIMILAR to the old system - and how is it DIFFERENT?” ... in other words, it’s always easier to build on previous knowledge about a subject than it is to simply start out from scratch ...

thanks ron & mickey,

thats what i'm looking for. may I just asked if how much is the reasonable price that was stated on that hardware? does it go with the RSlogic 500 software?

hi Nimish,
Like u I am also around one and half yr old in this forum & have successfully discussed couple of my own problems.
The reason I feel you are not being able to follw up is there are lot many PLC manufacturers available today. With the same basic principle every manufacturer has got a little varity of hardware & software with the leading manufacturers like Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE Fanuc, OMRON, Modicon etc.
PLC's are the mostly commonly used automation tools in industries & other miscellenous applications.Primarily, it started as a replacement of hardware relays ( Digital device ) in old times but as we progressed PLC's started doing Analog functions. With more & more manufacturers coming in the field different types of Inputs ( Digital/Analog), Timer, Counter functions started coming. After that came the era of PLC communication with computers & developement of softwares for programming. Now there are many softwares are available. Today PLC's are everywhere from Process industries to our houses where ever automation is requuired.
I hope this introduction will help u little. For more you can always look for PLC tutorial section of the site.