Way OT, but its Friday...

Personally I would have prefered that all this time and effort is spent on something peaceful and not a high tech killing machine.
"Peace" is not the absence of violence.
This is one of the "tools" that helps to contain the violence in this world by destroying the tools of violence used by violent people. And yes, collateral damage is expected.

We do not like the idea of safety by total isolation so we allow the potential man operated flights that knock down tall buildings in our country. Because of this there may be times that we feel it necessary to eliminate certain elements who may have the idea to try knocking down more of our tall buildings. It is our responsibility to do this with minimal risk to the lives of our and your good citizens.

"Peace" is not the absence of violence.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Also this never seems to get said enough, but "Thank You Sir" and Thanks to all those that are serving and have served this great country.

I myself have never had that great honor, but much of my family has.

Your tag line on your avitar is very true "Freedom is not Free"

Lots put there lives on the line each day to preserve our freedom, and far too many have paid the ultimate price for the rest of us to be free.

I think this is overlooked far too often.

BCS

Dear RussB I dont disagree with what you say. My comment was not about the USA specifically but for the human nature in total. I meant that humans should be spending their effort to build a peaceful place.
I understand that as violence is in the DNA of the humans and especially when it is stupidly promoted by religious beliefs, in order to keep the peace around you need the drones.
I also agree that if a nation is hit so hard as the 9/11 then it has every right to defend its people by any means necessary.
From my point of view although sometimes some US practices are being criticized, I believe it is a good thing you are around and keep the balances in place.