Looking for examples of "Mission Statements" for Maintenance programs

I like the idea of a mission statement , summarizes the vision of your strategy you want to drive.
If you really want to make a difference you need to change the maintenance culture. Most companies i see have a reactive approach " When its broken ill fix it". This will lead to downtime on equipment malfunction that could have been avoided.

I reactive approach means regular maintenance inspections and a list of well identified spare parts. Standard work procedures also go a long way in optimizing your plant/factory's maintenance requirements.

Look into Preventative Maintenance techniques there is a world of knowledge that is very helpful.

Not to get too fat off topic, here is a mission statement i thought off.

"To adequately maintain the life-cycle of our assets and/or products by ensuring we have a SAFE,productive and cost effective work environment"

Last edited:
Too many companies and plants are consumed with the thought that if we save money on Maintenance "I" will look good and get a promotion to upper management where I can give the poor ******* that took my place hell for the poor performance of the worn out plant he inherited (from me).

Reminds me of an interveiw one time

"To adequately maintain the life-cycle of our assets and/or products by ensuring we have a SAFE, productive and cost effective work environment"
I went for a job one time and was interviewed by the head of HR. Interview was going real well and she said “everything has been real positive so far, tell me something negative about yourself" HR trick.

My answer was till I went on night work maybe attendance but now with no traffic that has changed. She said how about at work? I said " I hate management". She looked at me funny and said" I am hiring you for a management position".

I replied I don't like or play the management games and am going to be made a puppet. When you tell me to raise my right leg I do, then you say raise my left leg I do, and then I fall on my a$$.

I am getting hired to
Keep your plant safe and the equipment running and maintained".
I got the job.