Modicon 984 Compact connection

I recently acquired a client that has a lot of old Modicon 984 compact plc's. I have just ordered a rebuit A984-131 and want to know if I can connect 24 VDC power to it and program, test, etc without it being installed on a chassis.

I recently tried this with an E984-258 and got absolutely no response when applying power to it. No lights, nada.

I would also be interested in a source for support, advice, etc. Local distributors don't seem to know much about these dinosaurs.

Thanks,

Similar Topics

Have a machine with 2 compact 984 processors and am trying to develop the code allowing processor 1 to read a bit from processor 2
Replies
Views
I have little experience and no training on modicon. I am able to connect a laptop via proworx32 and serial cable, and load a project. My dilema...
Replies
Views
Yesterday one of the process engineers went to site and removed the battery from the PLC. Which appears to have wiped the program. It's from 1999...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I hope somebody on the Forum can help me out with a Modicon program printout. I have a Proworx Plus format program file set from a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to transfer a program to this PLC, but I'm getting an error message: "not logged in or a user is logged in on another port". It's...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom