SCADA in Australia

razmis

Does anyone knows what are the most popular SCADA systems in Australia?
Especially in the Energy market (Electricity, Gas, Mining etc...)

I think that Citect is originally from Australia.
But I dont know what is the current status of Citect since it has been taken over by Schneider.

Almost certainly Citect, it's still going after the Schneider aquisition and more recently the Wonderware aqusition by Schneider, i am reliably informed that the install base is too large and the industry use so dissimilar between the two it will continue as a seperate product for the foreseable

Citect, no doubt has been the major player in Australia. I believe there office is in Melbourne. Wonderware in my opinion is the biggest player in SCADA and also has the best features.

Uticor Australia also has a Simple SCADA software (not all the bells & whistles of Wonderware), but does do HMI control, Data collection, SQL support etc. Cost is nice at roughly $1000 for unlimited tags & screens.

Almost certainly Citect, it's still going after the Schneider aquisition and more recently the Wonderware aqusition by Schneider, i am reliably informed that the install base is too large and the industry use so dissimilar between the two it will continue as a seperate product for the foreseable

Not the OP question, but a side note... We have a number of Citect installations, and as such maintain a Citect license support contract to get tech support and updates as needed (not very often, but peace of mind for mission-critical operations). I knew our support contract was coming up for renewal in about 3 months, but was surprised when I got a call from a gentleman I did not know, working for a company I did not know. He said that he was just reminding me that our contract was going to expire on xx/xx/2017, and he would be happy to make sure I had an updated quote for renewal. When I asked him who he was, and why his firm was contacting me when we had been using Company X for our Citect support for the past 15 years, he explained that Schneider was streamlining their distribution chain, and that smaller companies that handled Citect were being phased out, and their clients routed to the larger distribution houses that already handled WonderWare. Wow! You are being assimilated, and resistance is futile!

Most of my work is in food & beverage, and Wonderware seems to be the biggest player there. I've seen a bit of Citect about too, but not anywhere as much as wonderware.

I've heard that Honeywell Experion is big in oil/gas/energy. Can't vouch for it personally, but I hear it from multiple places, and don't really hear much about anything else being used, so it's definitely on the list.

Taken over by Schneider years ago. Still going strong - I went to a seminar where they outlined the future plans for Citect - no plans to get rid of it at this stage - but they are French!!! LOL

In Western Australia in the mining sector you will find the biggest install base to be Citect no doubt. Saying that Wonderware and System Platform more specifically has been making big inroads into the market share of SCADA applications in this part of Australia.

It will be interesting to see what the roadmap holds for Citect and how much Schneider is willing to invest in R&D for the Citect product.

It will be interesting to see what the roadmap holds for Citect and how much Schneider is willing to invest in R&D for the Citect product.

My thinking exactly... brings to mind when GE bought Intellution, and moved its iFix package alongside their Cimplicity flagship. Now all the development is focused on iFix and Cimplicity seems to get the table scraps.