Micro850 - Most basic of problems with coils

Hi all,

I'm back with another Allen bradly question!

This time even simpler then the last...

For some reason my coils are not going positive when I have a boolean go high
(as shown in the following picture)

https://imgur.com/a/ZyMRy
ZyMRy

This is the only instance of the coil (so its not being set low elsewhere) and I've tried both a set and a regular coil.. but neither works

Is there some essential setting I'm forgetting somewhere?

The PLC is definitely in Run mode! I just cant figure out why my coils aren't going high!

You need to activate a coil for that XIC to function.

Although the need for either in your first picture of code is unnecessary. Unless you are using the Start_Conveyor_6 bit elsewhere in the code.

I am using the Coil elsewhere to send an instruction to a conveyor (then the timer delays) and then I send an instruction to the next conveyor.

Essentially I want it to function like so

User presses button
Signal is sent to start conveyor
Timer waits for 10 seconds
Signal is sent to another conveyor

How should this look?

I don't have a lot of experience on Micro series from Allen Bradley, but how is your tag set up? Is it an alias for a DO tag? I know when I did use it the addressing/tag structure messed me up more than anything.

Ah!

I discovered that the PLC actually had a fault in another part of the code, this was preventing the coils from engaging

Solved the issue!

Thanks for the help everyone!