KepServer Clients

AshleyParr

Good Afternoon All,

I am using KepServer Enterprise V5.13 and Factory Talk View SE (Distributed), so i mentioned this error to Kepware and their response was its enterprise so speak to Rockwell. I am awaiting to hear back from them but not sure if they will.

So i am hoping you maybe able to help with a problem that seems to be happening intermittently and i cant seem to find any other reports of it.

I currently have maybe 20-24 clients on the distributed system, each of these at some point i guess will request data from the Kepware Server. Majority of the time, this all works fine and we have no issues. Now and again the communications seem to freeze, i found that the equipment is still operating but the clients cant read any of the data.

I found re-initialising the server to drop all the clients and re-connect seemed to work. the next time it happened, i noticed the client count was around 4000 and i have no idea why. I re-initialised it again and watched the client count drop to 0 they start to increment every now an again. I just re-initialised as i noticed something was up and the client count was around 11000.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ash

When you say client, do you mean HMI client or OPC client?

I ask because my understanding is that HMI server is the OPC client then HMI clients then only gets data from the HMI server.

I assume you are using OPC and not DDE as DDE is prone to this, when a connection is lost it does not delete it but re-initiates another one

When you say client, do you mean HMI client or OPC client?

I ask because my understanding is that HMI server is the OPC client then HMI clients then only gets data from the HMI server.

This is how we set ours up too, Kepware has 1 client, the HMI Server. The HMI clients just talk to the HMI Server. Keeps it simple.

I doubt the OP is around. Start a new thread and post as much info as you know and also try to answer the questions asked here.