Most Efficient Way to Get SUM of All Arrays in a Data Type

btaaa

RSLogix5000

I have an application where I would like to be able to ADD the values of multiple arrays, or even "all" the arrays, in a given data type, using the simplest/shortest command.

SampleDATA DINT[100]

I know that I can do this with the CPT instruction. However, to do so seems to require the lengthy expression, (SampleDATA[0]+SampleDATA[1]+SampleDATA[2], Etc. . .)

I then tried to use the FAL instruction, and it seems to require the same lengthy expression.

Is there not a simpler method of telling an instruction to go ahead and add the values of "all" arrays in a given data type?

FYI, I'm not worried about math overflow. There will only be a value in one or two arrays at any given time. Long story. Thanks.

Do you require constant addition? Or a snapshot at the end of a production run for example.

Could be done with a nested loop.

Not familiar with nested looping. Have looked at manual, searched the forum, and have googled it. Nothing quick coming to me. Will have to research this one. Thanks.

Never uploaded a photo before. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it but this popped into my head.

Couple of things a loop can do is fault the plc, I recommend messing with this on an emulator or test plc.

1 way I found a fault is you can actually remove the label and still have a jump to no where.

Couple of things a loop can do is fault the plc, I recommend messing with this on an emulator or test plc.

1 way I found a fault is you can actually remove the label and still have a jump to no where.

Thanks. Yea, I'm running this from a desk PLC to test.