FactoryTalk View application push button not activating a tag within a CompactLogix

Good Morning ,

We have a HMI application that has not saved recipes since it was put in a few years ago. Just briefly I looked at the application , and took notice that the save button does not activate the CompactLogix tag that it is attached to when pressed . I was wondering if any of you guys ever had a somewhat correctly linked tag to a HMI not work ? I am going to try to look into this deeper tomorrow.

Thanks in advance .

Are you using recipe plus? or something else?

Double check the tag syntax; re-browse for the tag.
If it is an HMI tag, then for your button browse directly to the tag address in the PLC.

Also, for testing, add a line of PLC code that examines this tag (assuming it is a bit address) and drives a CTU (counter). Often, while monitoring logic, you may not see every change of state that the PLC will "see", but if the counter accumulator never moves, then you know the PLC ain't seein' it either. Put the counter in the same ladder file with the other logic that utilizes that tag.

Make sure that the button bit is not being consumed by the code. I usually turn off a momentary HMI bit when I have used it to prevent the possibility of it getting stuck on.