Schneider M241 Modbus communication with multiple slaves

Yeah, first, I apologize for not mentioning this at the beginning.

My meters are connected through RS485-RS232-USB adapter to the PC.

I have a program for checking Modbus data called Modbus Poll and when I run it on the host, it works fine.

SoMachine is installed on a VM. Forget the SoMachine for now. I have installed the said ModbusPoll on the VM. When I try the exact same process of reading data through Modbus on my VM (as I did on the host), it simply is not working.

This leads me to believe that the problem is in the VM itself.

I am installing SoMachine now on the host itself, and I will try to run the logic then. Meanwhile, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this serial-usb work on the VM, please let me know.

What VM software are you using ?

Where you connect usb to serial adapter when you have real PLC?

If you are running SoMachine simulator, then I think that it can't work, you need real M241 CPU for testing. Connection to it is maded which screw terminal or RJ45 not with USB

Where you connect usb to serial adapter when you have real PLC?

If you are running SoMachine simulator, then I think that it can't work, you need real M241 CPU for testing. Connection to it is maded which screw terminal or RJ45 not with USB

I have a RS485-RS232-USB adapter for simulation and connecting the slaves to PC. If I had a real PLC with me I would link the slaves to PLC via RS485 screw terminals an then plug the PLC to the computer with the miniUSB-USB cable for configuration.

Ok so apparently, it's not possible to simulate slave data readout without an actual PLC. I will need to do this on site then.

Thanks for the help guys, cheers!