PTO vs SCL

cdnrookie

Good morning all,

I have a question regarding an automation direct stepper motor controlling it via the surestep program and a micrologix PTO

WhenI use the serial commands in the surestep pro program it always produces a nice smooth movement through all the speed ranges. I set the ramp, speed and distance and all is good. I can have it travel as fast or slow as I want

However, when I set the stepper to pulse and direction, connect the stepper driver to my micrologix it produces mixed results.

Setting the frequency to high will stall the drive, setting it to low does the same. However, I can never get the same smooth, fast movements I can through the stepper drive program.

Can anyone offer some insight, maybe some reading material?
thanks

Similar Topics

am planning to build a small machine which have 2 Axis (linear motion and rotary motion) am confused about using closed loop stepper motors (PTO...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone am controlling a stepper motor with 1215 plc, when using motion control(V6/7) you don't have any option of using HSC as feedback is...
Replies
Views
Micrologix 1400 PTO function file. I set ADI to “1”. Right clicked ADP, selected “set independent accel/decel value location”, and entered L9:0...
Replies
Views
Hi, I can't seem to find a thread on this, so I'm starting one. I want to use 2 PTO outputs off a BXB 1400 Micrologix series C. BUT... I need...
Replies
Views
Hi, Does anybody know if it is possible to run Yaskawa's DriveWizard software on a PC, to monitor and configure V1000 VFDs that are connected to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom