Sad News to Report...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I just stopped by Ron's (rsdoran's) forum, and found THIS POST by his wife... :(

"This is the wife of rsdoran and I have very bad news to impart to all the members of my husband's website. My husband passed away this past Sunday, December 2nd. I am undecided what to do about this site as of this minute, but a decision will be forthcoming soon. In the meantime, feel free to take advantage of this site."

-Eric

My prayers go out to the Doran family. Ron was a great asset to the automation community at large. He will be missed.

I feel like I've lost a friend. This explains Ron's unusual posts over the last few months where he seemed to be throwing in the towel, so to speak.

Maybe he was terminally ill and chose not to tell us.

I'll always remember his musings about the circus life.

How sad!

Oh, my God...

I'm stunned.

It was fun while it lasted Ron!

It just goes to show ya... you just never know, so have fun while you can.

Ron now has an intimate understanding of the "Was" bit that we fought about for so long in the early days.

Best wishes to his family.

-Terry

A very sad day is a understatement…

He has been a mentor to many and has opened his mind for all to take what they could…

Knowing Ron has made me a better person, I wish his family the best, they should be proud of what he has done and the people he touched.

He truly made the world a better place...

Your friend,
Mark

rondoran.jpg

Thats a lot of people he has helped, I remember when he took on the 'underdog' avatar... he was always looking out for everyone.

Wow.

Ron is an icon here, and in my mind, he has a face, a voice, and most of all a personality. I have never met him, but feel like I know what kind of man he is.

He will be mourned deeply and sorely missed.

Thanks Ron for calling it like you saw every time, and sharing SO much!

PiEaCe
and
extra prayers tonight. . .

Staionmaster,

I don't know Ron't family, but I E-mailed him back and forth several times over the years. I know that he had lung problems and breathing difficulties. He often blamed it on working around spray booths without adequate protection. I remember several posts where he warned our younger members that they had better wear the proper gear, or end up like him. So even in passing, he is still teaching.