Redlion G3 to ControlLogix - !@#@#!!

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
OK, I really like these units but there are a couple of things I'm having difficulty with.

1)Once I create a PLC tag I can't seem to delete it. o_O

2)The only tags I seem to be able to get to are controller scoped single element tags, can't access and .elements in the tag, eg Timer.ACC, or UDT elements or array elements, I have to make an alias to them.

Is it something I'm missing and/or what are the workarounds?

EDIT: OK, nevermind on #2. When I set protocol1 under Ethernet to Native Tags via L5K file I was able to get to all of the tags. Before I just had it set to Native Tags and couldn't access sub elements. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or if I have to select the "via L5K" option.

Last edited:
Hello,

What is the format for the tag? For example:

Door_Open -- a bool in global scope - global assumed with no program prefix.

First:Door_Open -- a bool Door_Open in program First.

<program>:<tag name>.<element>

Just a guess.

Good luck,

Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com/

A few examples:

I can access these and similar tags:
Controller: Piston[0].TargetPos
Controller: Piston[1].Velocity

I can't access these locally scoped tags (and others)
FlowMetering: Tool[0].FlowRate
Pressure_Control: Pressure_PIDE.PV

Locally scoped tags do not appear to import and don't show up in the tag browser.

Hi,

> - The spec that we were given says that only Controller tags can be accessed via the protocol.

I am not sure what protocol he is referring to but, I do know via Ethernet/IP it is possible to read and write program scoped tags.

PeakHMI can do it.

Good luck,

Mark
http://www.peakhmi.com/

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh you didn't hear this from me!!! I heard from a little Red bird that they are working on this and have reversed some systems to make things happen.