Automation Direct D4-450 CPU to Emerson SP2402 Servo Drive

cmpeters111

Has anyone ever setup an Automation Direct D4-450 CPU to an Emerson SP2402 servo drive? I am using a Red Lion ICM4 converter since the PLC does 232 and the drive takes 2 wire 485. I setup my PLC write instruction as shown on page 4-30 of the DL405 user manual and i can see communication to the converter since its green receive light is flashing. The drive has limited modbus addressing based on the parameter you select so i setup the drive functions i wanted then determined my V memory locations i should be using in the PLC. For example my index 0 acceleration is at modbus address 41811. This would equate to PLC memory location V3426. The memory location i am storing my data is v1426. The simple breakdown on my writeout command is:

ld kf102 - Using port 1 and servo is serial address 2
ld 60 - Number of bytes to pass
lda O1400 - PLC transfer start address
WX V3400 - Slave modbus memory area

Form what i can see this should make the PLC take what is in memory location V1426 and write to to modbus location V3426.

My sp113 shows no error and my sp112 goes on when i issue a write command.

If anyone has ever done a setup like this please let me know.