Weeky Schedule in RsLogix 500

Very well-done screen, Mjc. That should allow you to easily enter a time schedule for the pump. Using Rube's logic then should allow you to run the pump based on the time schedule inputs.

Please refer to the attached, and forgive me for neglecting to send the example sooner.

Data file N13 is the schedule. I didn't use a sequencer for this one, but used indirect addressing instead.

Days of the week are represented by bits 0 to 6 (0=Sunday, 6=Saturday). N13:0 would be the hour between midnight and 1:00 AM, N13:1 would be 1:00AM to 2:00AM, etc.

Please refer to the attached, and forgive me for neglecting to send the example sooner.
Not a problem, however the zip folder that you sent is "invalid or corrupted' can you please try again. Thanks

So far, I think all the solutions are more complicated than they need to be. Check out the attached pdf.

The schedule given back in post #13 is a little unclear, I interpreted it as follows:

Sunday 1:00 5:00 to actually mean Monday morning 1:00am to 5:00 am. Otherwise there is an overlap with Saturday's schedule.

I'd leave the start-stop times as constants if the schedule hardly ever changes. I'd switch to N7:x addresses if it had to change occasionally under maintenance control. If I needed frequent changes by operators, then I'd go for the sequencer with the HMI screen.

Last edited:
Mellis, that is a very simple solution. It proves that there is always a way to build a better mousetrap.

This is an old thread, and It looks overkill for my application. I am trying to find in my books how to make a weekly schedule and it's not even in the book ? We never did this in my class. Is this a simple or complicated program ? Otherwise I could use a sprinkler controller to trigger my inputs. This is for a Grey Water system.

If you're using RS Logix, there is a day of week AOI, which labels the day of the week as a number. Thats how you easily build a weekly schedule.

See the PDF 2 posts above yours as that is what it is.

Hi MJC

I would just block the next day routine as long as the pump is running, this will involve a minimum of change to your routine.

/Holm