1756-ENBT communication issue. MSG Reset help!

Thanks for the replies guys!
I've certainly got a couple of things to check here.

I can't seem to change the speed from 10MBps to 100MBps though.
When I untick the Auto-negotiate, it always defaults back to 10, even though I select 100 & click Set.

Bloody card is going out the window soon! haha!!

Thanks for the replies guys!
I've certainly got a couple of things to check here.

I can't seem to change the speed from 10MBps to 100MBps though.
When I untick the Auto-negotiate, it always defaults back to 10, even though I select 100 & click Set.

Bloody card is going out the window soon! haha!!

There must be a 10MBps device on the network that drags everything else down - can you isolate the ENBT to a point-to-point connection to your laptop. Most times with newer laptops you don't need a crossover cable.....

Where are you located ?

I am in Northampton.
I am going point to point with my laptop - which connects at 100MBps, so it can't be that.
Strange...

I am in Northampton.
I am going point to point with my laptop - which connects at 100MBps, so it can't be that.
Strange...

Now go via the switch with all the other leads unplugged, if it connects at 100, then put each plug back one at a time, see if it drops to 10 at any point.

It is definitely there on a Rev 4.7

If you can get online to the controller (Serial or USB) double-click the module in the I/O tree and choose the tab "Port Configuration" of the "Module Properties" dialog.

Settings for "Auto-negotiate" should be there also. There is also a "diagnostics" button you can view the internal counters.

Is the display scrolling the IP Address, then "OK" ??

I'm developing a hands-on trainer so I have many ways to communicate to the PLC's.

The current Rev of ENBT/A is 4.3 and there is no "Auto-negotiate" check box or speed/duplex fields in Port Configuration of the "Module Properties" dialog box.

I was able to get the consumed tag to work by changing the RPI of the consumed tag from the default of 2.0 to 5.0. But all communications is slow to ENET/B now I believe caused by mismatching speed and duplex.

Sydney

image1.jpg image2.jpeg

there is no "Auto-negotiate" check box or speed/duplex fields in Port Configuration of the "Module Properties"
I have a feeling that you are using very old RSLinx and/or outdated EDS file. The latest in FW will bring the latest EDS. And you should use RSlinx 3.71 or higher.

Communication Ok now.

I tried resetting ENET/A again and all communications is normal now. Produced Consumed tag working but still would like to know why I can't enable Auto-negotiate in Port Configuration dialog.

Regards,
Sydney

As far as I can recall, 1756-ENET/A does not support Produced/consumed and I/O
It was introduced in ser B hardware only. I believe some ser A modules can be flashed to ser B firmware but not all of them.

1756-enet/b

Yes you are correct, I am using a ENBT/A in one chassis and a ENET/B in the other. I got the Produced/Consumed tag to work today. My original problem was a communication fault but it turned out to be the RPI in the consumed tag was two fast. I changed it to 5.0 and the communication fault want away.

I'm upgrading RSLinx to see if that resolves the "Auto-negotiate" issue with the ENBT/A module.

Sydney

Remember, folks, that we have two users with different devices mixed up in this thread.

User Mustbemad10 is in the UK and is working with a 1756-ENBT.

User Sydney is in California and is working with both 1756-ENET and 1756-ENBT modules.

Both of them are asking related questions, so it's going to be easy to mix up the information about their hardware, firmware, and network components.

Thanks Ken,
I did not catch that therefore I am very confused with constantly changing scenario :)

I think auto-negotiation check box was introduced in ver 2.43 of RSLinx.