Best database option for FTView historical Datalogs?

rleon

According to your experience, what is the best database to use in Datalogs?

Historian sucks. A ultra expensive software, a real headache. Too many bugs, it usually hangs up and suddenly stops registering data, with which you have to restart the server. I also hate the way interpolation of number transitions. For example, if I change a Set Point from 40 to 60, instead of showing it as a straight step, it shows it as a sawtooth. Or when there are zero values ​​for a long time, it does not register them and when that value stops being zero, it connects the new data with a wrong curve that does not correlate with reality, because it connect the 1rst zero value with a sawtooth with the new data. Everytime you open a TrendX display, you have to pray that the pens still there drawing curves.

SQL Server: Excellent because it supports large databases. Easy to integrate with VBA for SQL queries. The problem is that sometimes it hangs and stops registering with which you have to restart the DatalogOn command. Why? I dont know. I do not even know if the problem is in FTView or in SQL Server.

DBase: The most robust of all, almost never hangs, but due to its limited database capacity, forces me to create new files (weekly in my case), which is more cumbersome if you want to make a query SQL with date range. I had planned to continue using DBase and when I want to do a query by dates, create a SnapShot to TrendX in that range of dates and send that data to a unique dbf file.

What database do you use? Experiences, recommendations?

Thanks!

We use SQL and FT Historian with FTView in various places.

SQL Server - No issues beyond normal 'IT' stuff when we have to patch or tempdb walks in front of a moving bus.

Historian - No issues, but getting all the point configs right takes a fair bit of forethought. The live data interfaces do die from time to time, but I run the critical ones as warm fail overs anyhow, so we don't lose data.

Another one we use locally is Ignition, the PLC to SQL bits are rock solid and don't give me any trouble.

Another one we use locally is Ignition, the PLC to SQL bits are rock solid and don't give me any trouble.

It seems nice. I will check the demo. I don't wanna experience again the creepy moment when you open the TrendX display and see NO live and NO backward data.

Thanks