Flexlogic MSG communication

bradal

Hello All,

I have two Flexlogic Processors. Both have an ethernet card installed in slot one of the expansion slots. I am trying to set a MSG instruction to read A from B. I have the MSG instruction set-up as CIP data table read. The communication path is set to "ethernet, 1, 192.168.100.200, 1, 1". The "ethernet" is the replacement for 1,1 which is the ethernet card in slot 1 of PLC A. Does not seem to be working properly, getting the connection failed error code.

Any help?

The Help file entry for CIP paths is remarkably well-written; have a look at it for details.

The basic structure of CIP paths is that they are composed of pairs of "Port, Node" numbers.

Port 1 is the backplane or virtual backplane port. Port 2 is the network port.

Slot numbers, CNet/DNet/DH+ Node numbers, and IP addresses are "Node" numbers.

Your message is making a wrong turn at the Port number of the Ethernet module, and would make another one when it gets to the destination.

Try instead:

"1, 1, 2, 192.168.100.200, 1, 0"

Yes you can produce and consume data. Just like any other Logix family controller. The 1788-ENBT is not nearly as robust as a 1756-ENBT. You can overload it if you get too carried away. The same is true when you compare the 1788-CNC to the 1756-CNB for ControlNet.

You should familiarize yourself with the connection limits of the comm modules and the FlexLogix controller itself. You can actually view the connections and activity on these devices pretty well with the embedded web pages. I also use the task monitor tool to evaluate what is going on. The task monitor is really useful for this.

I have applications running that produce/consume on both Controlnet and Ethernet IP on FlexLogix controllers it works well.

RSL