kinetix 6000 torque limit

pauly

I am trying to configure a simple servo system on a machine that unwinds reels of thin plastic type material. To control the web tension I am writing values to the torque limit bipolar paramter of the axis (there are two on the machine). One axis with a torque limit of zero appears fine wth no torque available at the rotor, the other however always appears to have full torque no matter what value is written to the limit. What else could be overriding the*bipolar torque limit? Any ideas would be most welcome.

I am trying to configure a simple servo system on a machine that unwinds reels of thin plastic type material. To control the web tension I am writing values to the torque limit bipolar paramter of the axis (there are two on the machine). One axis with a torque limit of zero appears fine wth no torque available at the rotor, the other however always appears to have full torque no matter what value is written to the limit. What else could be overriding the*bipolar torque limit? Any ideas would be most welcome.

RS logix Version?

A bunch of ideas

Are you monitoring /trending "Actual torque"?

There are Positive and negative torque limits that accept settings

You may have to delete the axis then recreate it.

I have experienced a web application that required torque as it was unwinding - ie to maintain the correct web tension the unwind servo had to "motor forward"