ACS880 to CompactLogix 5380, Eth I/P, Real values... INT communication.

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
Seems like a simple function, but I don't know how to accomplish it in Studio 5000...

The communication between the ACS880 Eth I/P module and the PLC is with 16 bit integers. I just hit my first REAL value in the drive that I'd like to display on the HMI. I noticed that the value filled 2 fields (communicating to from the VFD to the PLC), as it says it does in the manual. But one thing I haven't done yet is to change those two 16 bit INTs to a real value to display on the HMI.

See the pic....

Any help?

TwoINTs_to_Real.png

....and while I'm thinking about it, I'll need to input REAL values into the VFD over the same fieldbus communication. How do I take a REAL input from the HMI and convert it to two 16 bit INTs to send correctly to the drive?

You can use COP <SOURCE> <DESTINATION> <LENGTH>
The source is the first INT tag, the destination is the Real tag and the lenght will be 1