AB Real to SINT's

nehpets

I have a project to send a 'REAL' value to a Siemens PLC across a Profibus Gateway, the problem is the gateway and Siemens PLC deal only in bytes.

My question is:-

Is it possible to use a 'COP' and copy the real to a 'SINT' array for a length of 4 hopfully splitting it into SINT[0] to SINT[3]?

At the moment I have no way of simulating or loading into a processor to try.

If not maybe someone can point me in the right direction as to a solution.

Best regards
Steve

Thanks for that, I do have a further Question, not being that familiar with Siemens, anyone have any Idea how to reconstruct the value on the Siemens side?

Steve

Similar Topics

I am having problems expressing an ANALOG OUTPUT 16bit INT word (0-10V Proportional Valve Voltage) as a REAL decimal number. From my...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, A challenge I have in front of me consist of taking a REAL value (0 - 4095) and dumping it into a tag (Sent_Counts) that is...
Replies
Views
Folks I have a bit of a dilema here. On a profibus network, Prosoft on ControlLogix Platform, I have an instrument that is giving me two values...
Replies
Views
Hi Iam using monitouch hmi(V9 soft) with omron plc cj2m (CX programmer). In this I want to read a data from hmi to plc. The data was like...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Me again still learning Rockwell. So I'll be polling an INT data array from a Modbus SE power meter with a L82 (with a Modbus ProSoft in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom