Wanted: HMI with a temperature rating above 60 C

Beijer X2 Extreme have an upper operating temperature of 70 C and UL Class 1 Div 2 atmosphere. X2 Marine goes to 60C.

Re: Maple Systems

Class 1 Div 2 rating is very common for any sort of HMI in the modern LED backlight era.

But an *operating* maximum temperature above 50 degrees C is harder to find. Most devices have a storage rating that's higher, but for operation they are tested and rated at 50 or 55.

While I've run a PanelView Plus in the poorly-ventilated operator cab of a sulfur powder loading crane in the Saudi desert at well above 50 C, Rockwell probably wouldn't have honored the warranty if it had failed after running it that hot.

btw, Panelview Plus 7 operating range is 0…55 °C, for 19" screen then up to 50.

nonoperating Temperature, -25…+70 °C

Does that mean it can still operate, but not guaratee at -10?

Last edited:
btw, Panelview Plus 7 operating range is 0…55 °C, for 19" screen then up to 50.

nonoperating Temperature, -25…+70 °C

Does that mean it can still operate, but not guaratee at -10?

Means you can store it down to -25, but not designed/tested below 0 for operation. So none of the certifications/support/etc if you operate it there. Might work, might not.

130 C!! That's crazy. I'm wanting to find an HMI that I can match with a PLC for extreme temperatures. My units usually go in near steam pipes and such on refinery decks.

Last edited: