525 Drive Help

Tim Ganz

1.0 How do you et the control module apart from the power module? I see the clip on top but are you supposed to pull out toward you or slide up?

I can't seem to get it off and don't want to break anything. Is it just hard to remove?

2.0 is there only 1 control module (size for the entire power module range ( all Frames)?

3.0 is there any firmware or revision number between the control module and the power module so is a power module I order today going to work out of the box with a power module purchased the first days these were released? Or is there something to consider between them?

4.0 What is the lowest firmware you can set these up in the plc like the premier integration? THis would be on an L5 Processor. The processor has version 16 currently and I am not sure if the 525 will work with Logix firmware that old?

Slide the cover at the top of the drive towards you.
Grab the top corners of the control module and twist the drive side to side.

There are clips in the top corners that connect the two parts together. You can push the sides of the control module outwards through the hole where top latch opened.

One size fits all.

Some drives can only use the newer firmware because they were released later and the add-on profile wont let you configure them. I am not sure that the power modules even have a firmware.

I would stick to V5. The earlier ones had some issuses. They are very easy to upgrade and you can use compatible keying with newer firmware.

If you flash by usb the firmware does up upgrade until you plug it into a powered base.