Win CC Flexible slider control.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,
I just discovered something that was very surprising and may cause considerable annoyance if you are not aware of it. So I post it here for all to know.

I appears that the slider control in Win CC Flexible monitors its tag constantly, and if the value of the tag is outside the min/max limits of the slider (*), the value is promptly set to the min or max limit.
What I mean is that the slider does this without the operator touching the slider in the HMI. It does so completely by itself.
If you for some reason want to set the tag to a value that is outside what is configured for the slider (from the PLC program or another HMI maybe) then you are effectively blocked from doing so from the Win CC Flexible HMI.
Maybe it is the same for Protool, but I have never used sliders in Protool so I cant tell for sure.

It is a strange behaviour, because I thought that all the functions in Win CC Flexible are event driven by the the actions of the operator - clicking a button or inputting a value for example. The slider seems to be constantly monitoring the tag and act on the limit values.

And, it is ONLY the slider that shows this behaviour. Normal i/o fields do not have the same problem.

*: It is the limit values of the slider, not the limit values of the tag that causes the behaviour.

What is the type of destination OP ? For some panels (as MP270B 6" Touch) operator limits can be done by PLC tags. So. same limits in PLC program and HMI, so variable can't be outside the limits if it is also limited in PLC-program.

The HMI is Win CC Flexible RT on a PC.

I have made both programs myself and I have definitely not made any limits in the PLC program.

I found out by simply shutting down the HMI, it was then possible to set the tag value outside the limits.