Changing Indramat control section

jcraft

I was wondering if anyone here has ever changed out a control section in one of the indramat servo drives. We have a machine that has an MLC unit that controls 5 Indramat drive axis and it seems that one of the axis control sections has failed and a new one is enroute. Never changed one before and I am assuming we need to upload all the info from the drive before installing. If anyone has done this before please let me know the basic steps how to do this. We will be using Ingdraworks and going in through the MLC as opposed to using the MMC card slot on the front of the control section. Thanks for the help.

I don't know the MLC, so this might not be too much help.
On the IndraDrive (and even DIAX0x) units, the drive parameters are stored in an external memory card...MMC for IndraDrive, PCMCIA on Diax0x. Unless someone has modified the factory settings, all the drive parameters should be in there.