Connection problem Panelview Plus 600

Tarlo

Hi all, i have problems with a panelview plus 600: it have only serial port for connection and a CompactFlash card slot. No ethernet :(

Yesterday I tried to update the firmware but at half upgrade it gave me memory full error and has not finished.
Now at power up it automatically opens the File Transfer Utility for downloading a new firmware because the old one is broken.

I can no longer estabilish serial communication with RSLinx Enterprise and reading the manual i can just connect via serial connection by configuring the RAS connection.

Someone can help me in this configuration? So I can load the new firmware but until then I'm totally stuck.

Thanks for the help and im sorry for my bad english.

There was a warning before you started the firmware upgrade to delete all of the runtime files, datalogs, and font files from the terminal so that the firmware upgrade had enough storage space to complete. This is exactly what happens when you do not do so.

My best suggestion is to use the Firmware Upgrade Wizard to create a Firmware Upgrade Card; this is a Binary image and an Autorun batch file that you load onto a CF card, which you then insert into the terminal.

Yes there was that message and I had deleted all files exept fonts but it was not enough.

This afternoon I did exactly the procedure with the card and I finally managed to fix it.
However, I was disappointed at not being able to establish the serial connection.

Thanks for the help Ken.