Lauer PCS090-m Connecting

Secpcb

I have to replace a Lauer PSC090m HMI. It is a PCS090-Plus and the 'm' is for Siemens MPI communications.

I have PCSPro and the PCS733 cable and was lucky enough to find one of these on eBay that works. I have one other line here with the same model that is working. I have the OEM project to transfer into the new one and would like to upload and archive the project out of the running one.

The manual says that to get into transfer mode pin 4 of the programming DB-9 port must be high, and DIL switch 9 must be on for writing. I also found an old thread about these that said PCSPro will not work with USB-serial adapters, so I am trying to connect on a desktop with a serial port on a portable desk.

I can not get either of these in transfer mode - they do not have the DIL switches on the back that the manual shows for the -090.

Does anyone know how to get these into transfer mode without the switches on the back?

I don't want to open either of them to see if the switches are inside - the new one has a warranty sticker and the other the line is running and can't be removed unless i want to come in on Sunday.

It's been a while but I seem to remember it was automatic that the PCS went into transfer mode.

Maybe someone else has more recent experience that can kick in here.

Thanks for the response, but neither of these screens will not go into transfer mode.
The new screen does work - it powers up with an old application in it.
Does anyone else here have any suggestions?

Well, I finally opened the new screen. It has no switches inside. I then Ohmed out he 733 cable - turn s out there are 2 completely different pinout diagrams all over the internet and the cable I had matched the wrong one.

I made a new cable to the second schematic and have partial results.

Now when I try to upload the existing program in the (purchased used) screen I get a pop-up that is has an unknown firmware version. It is PG 190.203.3 021098.

I also tried the DOS version of PCSPro, PCSProWin, and PCSProPlus but no results there either.

When I opened the OEM's project in PCSPro I can look at it, see the tags and menus all OK. Also, I can see the project is for firmware 204.

I thought a download of the project might update the firmware or downgrade the version and load it, but, when I tried to download to the screen PCSPro says the demo version is limited in size.

Searching I have not found any official Lauer website and all the downloads I have found so far are for the demo version only.

Would the full version of PCSPro support other firmware revisions?

Does anyone know how to get to Lauer or who owns them now?

Or any idea where the full program for PCSPro can be obtained?

I have looked at Lauer website and it does not mention it, searched for it and it only shows download pages cracks etc. I think you are flogging a dead horse here, these units are probably obsolete, if you can load a copy of it in the demo version I think your only way will be to pick a current HMI perhaps Beijer etc. and re-engineer it. Again I suppose it will depend on the PLc you are using and if any of the current HMI's support it.

parky,

Can you post the link to the Lauer website? I have never found it. The sire I found I thought was the company that now owns Lauer is Solar in The Netherlands, but they are just a technical support company.

They do have some PCSPro downloads there. I found PCSPro6.2 is the newest & opens the project, but still gives the version error. I even tried another old screen (still ver 203.3) to see if there was a firmware problem in this one, but still get the same error.

If I had the time I could create a new HMI - I have a Wonderware project from a similar line from the same manufacturer that can be edited down and (hopefully not too many) tags changed. I also have AdvancedHMI, but have never used it for a Siemens PLC.

Unfortunately that's not a company.

That's a computer programmers personal site trying to sell his services.

Seems like Lauer is no more and he found the website available with his last name.

Looks like a Wonderware conversion coming up.