Siemens S7-1200 with Crevis G series remote I/O

Punkinhead

We have a customer requirement to use a Siemens PLC in an upcoming line. Siemens is new to us. Since they seemed geared towards Profinet we went looking for profinet capable remote I/O and one of our distributors steered us towards the Crevis GL-9087. I'm not finding much online about Crevis and haven't found any examples of someone using them with Siemens PLCs. Have any of you done it? Crevis pricing is significantly lower than the remote I/O I'm seeing from other suppliers such as Wago, Siemens, etc, but I don't want to make a decision based on price then spend a bunch of money on engineering if it's difficult to implement or unreliable.

Any good/bad experiences on how Crevis and Siemens play together?

Welcome to forum.

If you really use 1200 from Siemens, then I think that IO isn't much cheaper than Siemens own.
1200 can't handle more than 16 profinet devices

One IM can have 12, 32 or 64 io card depending IM model.

Then there is also 1024 bytes limit from process io area. It comes before stations / IO-cards limit.

You should first look datasheet of PLC-type you mean to use and if it can even handle your IO amount.

I've seen customers use all brands of field mount/IP65 IO. I've pretty much only ever seen Siemens IO in the cabinet (IP20) with a Siemens PLC.

If your customer is speccing Siemens PLC, you might want to check if that preference includes the IO as well. It often does.

To answer your direct question, I've never even heard of Crevis before.