FANUC Ladder III-PID Loop control

Swingmanstan

Old Allen Bradley guy here: I used to have a SCL or SCP and then a PID tuner block to use.
Here in the FANUC ladder world I have not been able to use a function block that does PID loop. I was told I had to buy a different PMC package to get SUB 460.
I would like to hear any suggestions for a simplified PID, controlling a 0-10 V modulating valve from 1 4-20mA pressure input.

Thanks
Stan

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking how some type of proportional control can be accomplished, without using a built in PID function?

If so, then:
Details? What are we controlling, how fast does the system respond in manual control? What amount of error (if any) can you tolerate?

instrument & controls engineer

Thank you for responding. I have found out that there is a PID function block available. SUB 460 is available on some models in the extended function list. I'm still a beginner with FANUC and finding things is not the easiest.

Been there (trying to find info in an unfamiliar environment)!

If that block does not work out, note that the PID formula is straightforward and can be coded (ladder, fb, st, etc.) and tested in an afternoon, including bells and whistles: it's almost all bookkeeping.

KenM's post #2 in this thread is worth considering: something simpler than PID is sometimes adequate, or even better than PID, depending on the process.