PowerFlex 525 Auto MDIX ENET Port Capability

aiki202

Does anyone know if the PowerFlex 525 embedded EtherNet/IP network adapter port offers 'Auto MDIX' (aka auto crossover aka auto switching) capability?

I know I can connect directly to drive with laptop with a standard patch cable... but is it the laptop or drive providing this function?

The laptop... that is what I would think as well. Although the laptop certainly has this capability I was curious about the drive side. I reached out to RA Tech Support and according to them the PF525 drive does has Auto MDIX capability as well (so does the PF750 series drives).

Just as a test I connected two PF525 drives to each other via the embedded ENET ports. Each has a unique assignment on the same subnet. I used a standard straight through patch cable... according to the drives ENET LEDs and parameter F683 there is an active connection between the devices (although no Tx or Rx... nothing telling them to talk to each other... but they can see each other)... seems to confirm what tech support is telling me as well.