Driver configuration for rs linx/logix/emulator.

Mrplc:)

There's something about the driver configuration process that I'm not getting. I was originally using rs linx to communicate to a Plc kit using the RS-232 DFI driver. I auto configured and everything went as planned. Then I downloaded AB emulator driver because I didn't like have to use my Plc kit to test my programs. I switched over to the emulator driver SLC 500 (DH485) emulator driver. It involved deleting my previous driver on rs link so I could configure the new one and again everything went as planned. However now I'm stuck. I decided to play around with timer instructions so I started a new RS Logix file. After I made my little program I tried downloading it to my emulator so I could test it, but it wouldn't download and I got a message saying "THE SLC500 PROGRAM MUST BE COMPILED BEFORE IT CAN BE EMULATED". I have no idea what that means. Regardless. I tried starting fresh and reinstalling my emulator driver but I can't get it to work. It seems like the emulator is running to some degree when I check RS links but I've forgotten a step or something. I can't even use the original program that I had working before and get the same error message. They haven't really cover all this comm port communication stuff in any of the material I've studied so far, so I'm basically winging it. Any help or advice you could provide would be appriciated.

image.jpg

Last edited:
You can't put anything after a timer. That is why you get errors when you try to "verify program" aka compile.

Once you get rid of the errors, and verify the program, then save it, then you can download in to the Emulated SLC

Destination station :1 is a duplicate

That definately explains where all this confusion started. I'm still having issue in that I can't get previous programs that worked to emulate anymore. I've changed somthing in my trouble shooting that I'm having a hard time undoing. I get the error "Destination station :1 is a duplicate" when I try downloading my previously working file to the emulator.

image.jpg

Erased important node maybe?

Yeah, it certainly feels like I mucked somthing up. I've made new files with simple nodes that I know are good and I get the same thing. The only thing I can think of is maybe that mode 00 under the linx gateways, Ethernet drive was import. Last time I had this thing working it was still there along side my emulator node 01. It looks like I erased it maybe? I can't figure out how to get it back. If it's not that, I have no idea what's going on.

image.jpg

Ok got it.

I seem to have sorted it out. I was trying to duplicate the driver. I thought the emulator node had to match the driver rs linx node. I'm still a little fuzzy on what all this stuff means but at least it's working now.

image.jpg