MSG Instruction in CompactLogix 1769-L35E

jude said:
Dún do bhéal agus a oscailt do chluasa!... a long time but i believe it means close the mouth and open the ears

An-mhaith!

Slight correction though...

"do" (doh; like Homer says) = your

"Close your mouth and open your ears!"

I found this product from rtaautomation.com...

ASCII Ethernet TCP/IP to Allen-Bradley PLC - 490NBX

...which I remembered reading about a couple of years ago, but I've never used it...

rtaautomation said:
...With the 490NBX you can now quickly and easily connect Ethernet TCP printers to your ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, SLC 5/05, PLC 5E, and FlexLogix PLCs. The 490NBX exists for one purpose and one purpose only; Move data between a number of Ethernet TCP printers and an Allen-Bradley PLC...

It's look quite specific to the task at hand here and, if not to the OP here, it may prove a useful option to others who may read this thread.

Regards,
George

Leibinger printer

I am interested in your logic for your msg instructions, I have a jet3 also that we talk to with a PLC5 and RSView32 with a vba code inside the RsView32. I would like to talk to the printer from the PLC5 or upgrade to a control logix controller.

I have a similar problem.

PLC: Compact Guardlogix 5380 (5069-L320ERMS2)
Printer: Jet2Neo Leibinger
Connection by: TCP/IP

I have tried with Cip Generic ( read/write Socket, socket create and deleteSocket) without success

is there someone with examples or managed to do it?