5069-OBV8S and Safe Torque Off

UR manuals list all the figures you're after. I brought the point up to make people think about the cap value they are using and the result it may have on system behaviour, for example, if they are dropping to collaborative speed based on a light curtain or area scanner. I believe the STO/SS figures for most drives are well into the ms range.... Most drives I've used anyway.

For people from the future,

The OBV8S has a new firmware and AOP available now, which allow disabling no-load detection diagnostic. V2.011
IB8S also has newer V2.011 firmware and AOP

I tried this, and it's working good.

Regards,
-TL

Fantastic. Sometimes it seems like common sense will never win out, but on the odd occasion it does, it makes my OCD all kinds of happy. Begone, foul resistors!

The OBV8S has a new firmware and AOP available now, which allow disabling no-load detection diagnostic. V2.011
IB8S also has newer V2.011 firmware and AOP
This is good news and decent timing for me. I have a machine in the shop that uses the resistors on the servo drives and capacitors on the robot to work around this "feature". Since the first customer run off is in 2 days, I am going to wait to update to avoid risking any new issues. After the run off, I will update the firmware to see if this resolves the need for both the resistors and capacitors.

This is good news and decent timing for me. I have a machine in the shop that uses the resistors on the servo drives and capacitors on the robot to work around this "feature". Since the first customer run off is in 2 days, I am going to wait to update to avoid risking any new issues. After the run off, I will update the firmware to see if this resolves the need for both the resistors and capacitors.

Make sure you download the 250 mb AOP!